Can you trust EcommerceGold?
Simple enough question and one I want to personally answer.
I’m Paul, the founder and chief content creator at EcommerceGold and I want to explain why I believe you can trust what you read or watch on EcommerceGold because:
- I ran my own ecommerce business between 2012 and 2019
- I have built quite a few ecommerce websites using a number of different platforms
- I have tried a lot of platforms and tools along the way
- I have made a lot of mistakes and I’m not afraid to admit it (just check our YouTube channel!)
- I am constantly learning, testing and trying new things to hopefully make better content
But that is just me, what about the content that is on both our site and YouTube channel? Well…
- I personally test and try every single product before creating a review or tutorial
- I will just as happily point out the negatives as well as the positives
- All content is produced in-house and no AI software is used, I write every word!
- Companies can’t buy favourable reviews or positions in best-of lists on EcommerceGold
- No companies or partners have any input in our content
- All information is accurate to the best of my knowledge
I hope that has convinced you a little bit that you can trust the information here on EcommerceGold but how do we make money?
EcommerceGold has two primary revenue streams:
- Affiliate Commissions
- YouTube Ad Revenue
We only partner with companies that I feel offer a good product and only look to create a partnership after we have tried it out for ourselves, if we don’t think the product is very good, we still publish the review anyway as you need to know either way!
If you do purchase a product or service, then I get a referral commission as almost a thank you from the company for providing them a new customer. This comes at no additional cost to you and on some occasions, there may even be discounts applied for using my links.
These commissions are extremely helpful to me as it allows me to keep the website up and running and also compensate me for the time spent reviewing, comparing and writing the posts.
YouTube Ad Revenue
Our second revenue stream is YouTube ad revenue and these are the ads that are placed at the start, end and sometimes in the middle of these videos.
We have no control over what ads are shown on our videos and I know they can be annoying but it does provide us with income to help cover the cost of making the videos such as the research, planning, filming and editing so THANK YOU if you watch the ads.
I hope this has helped you understand whether or not you can trust the information provided on EcommerceGold as I want the site to be as transparent as possible and this information may help you understand why some of our reviews and best of lists are different from a lot of others out there!
If you have any questions regarding the information here, please contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.